Friday 18 May 2012

The Body Shop: Body Butter

This is yet another body butter :P I just love butters :) somehow lotions are too liquid too my liking ;)

And for the price of this one, you'll want to give it a shot! I got a big container of the olive smell :)



I love this packaging ! It's just a big jar of awesome :)
  • ingredients: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Colour.
     PARABENS.... ya... Not something I want to have in my creams... I try to avoid them becuase they have been linked to cancer. I'm not obsessed with these things but for this I can afford to be picky :P

  • texture: 4/5 (with time, starts to become a little mushy)
  • smell: very good but very strong too... so mixed feelings (favorite: olive)
  • skin absorption: good (leaves oily film that disappears fast)
  • bonus: hydrates really well
  • size: 200 ml
  • price: 18.00 $

A pretty good low-priced butter, that smells strong but good and absorbs well. 

 It does have parabens.... that's enough to make me pay a little more for one that doesn't have them...

Not the best but they have a lot of variety so you might as well try one if you're not picky about parabens :)

1 comment:

  1. I have tried this one too but stopped now that i saw there are parabens in there. I will try the other butter (Beurre de Lune, Opus Dermacare)you recommended. I love your blog keep on blogging !

    ReplyDelete